The 'Delete' (or 'Remove') torrent command was changed in Vuze 22.214.171.124. Earlier there were several slightly different Delete methods, which are now unified.
Selecting "Delete" from top toolbar button or from torrent's context menu will bring up a dialog, where you can select to:
- Remove from Library: just remove/deactivate the torrent from Vuze. Do not delete the downloaded data file.
- Delete from Computer: remove the torrent and also delete the actual downloaded data file from disk
- There is also a checkbox for deciding if the .torrent file is deleted as well.
Since version 126.96.36.199 there is an option in Files options that controls the default for the .torrent checkbox.
- Note: if you try to delete a torrent while you are transcoding/converting it for a device, the deletion will fail and you will get an error message "Removal Action Vetoed".
File Deletion options since 188.8.131.52
Beta versions since 184.108.40.206_B05 contain an additional File deletion option related to the action for the 'Delete' button on the top toolbar:
- Ask: ask the user whether the torrent is just removed or the data file should be deleted.
- Delete without asking: delete data file from computer
- Only remove from Library: do not delete the data file
This replaced the earlier option to confirm the deletion. The deletion options have also been grouped more clearly:
Read the Azureus FAQ