Why is downloaded/total size not equal to completion percentage (done)?
- Total size
- Size of the data to download.
- Size of the data already downloaded.
- Percentage of the data verified and written to disk (whole pieces).
Vuze downloads piece by piece, and multiple pieces at a time, so at a given moment, more has been downloaded than has been verified, so you will always have a "done" percentage less than the downloaded vs. total size percentage.
If Vuze happens to crash ( very rare ;) ) the data downloaded will be counted but all the unfinished pieces will have to be re-downloaded on restart and that will again amplify the difference between the two.
- 8MB file made of two 4MB pieces.
- You have downloaded one piece completely and have 2MB out of the second piece.
- You have downloaded and verified one whole 4MB piece, out of 8MB to download, so your "done" percentage is 50%.
- But you have actually downloaded 6MB out of 8MB so you are 75% complete. But we don't include that in the "done" count because we don't know if the piece will pass the validation.