- When you publish a torrent, you list a torrent on the tracker's web page; the .torrent file is published on the site without you hosting it. Users of the file will rely on the torrent's existing tracker.
- Your tracker must be configured correctly for you to publish (or host) torrents.
Configure the Azureus tracker
Right-click on the torrent in Azureus and choose Publish.
- The difference between hosting and publishing is this
- When you host a torrent, peers connect to you -- the tracker -- to obtain information about other peers;
- When you publish a torrent, you only put the .torrent file that you found elsewhere on your tracker webpage.
Read the Azureus FAQ