This plugin reads an rss feed and imports the torrent files into azureus, according to the filters you set. You have to provide:
- The URL(s) of the RSS feed(s) (.xml, .php...) (if several, separate by ;).
- The filters:
- "music;hdtv" for instance will look for any torrent from the feed mentioned above with either "music" or "hdtv" in it,
- "free.om" : the dot replaces any letter, "freedom", "freepom" etc. will match,
- "trailer.*hdtv" : .* replaces any number of letters. "trailer.spiderman.hdtv" will work.
- The auto-check time interval
Be sure and do this first:
- Enable logging in Azureus config (for possible bugs tracking)
- Make sure you have a default download directory selected
- Go to Configuration > Plugins and set the options.
This description is for the 2.0 version of the plugin that only works with the Azureus 126.96.36.199+ because it relies on the basic plugin view.
- it takes the rss channels from the configuration panel and separates them by the ;
- it gets the body of every link and extracts the xml text between the item tag
- it tries to get the link in the enclosure section
- if no enclosure section is defined it takes the normal link tag
- it checkes if the link is a torrent url.
- first a fast check: is ending like .torrent?
- if fast check failes: open a connection the the link an check if the type is like application/x-bittorrent
- if link is torrent get the filter setting
- separate settings by ; (Warning: no RegEx filter can be created with a ; in it)
- check every filter against the full item xml part (without any line break)
- if one filter matches add the torrent to the download list
- wait until the recheck time is reached
- Markus Baeker
Latest Stable| v2.2| http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/RSSImport_2.2.zip
- 2.2 NEW: History Setting: Activate it will store all added torrents (url) to the config file if a torrent will be found again it will not be added a second time
- BUG: Somehow the case-sensitiv was reactivated in 2.0. Hopefully it now stays case-insensitive.
- BUG: you had to add . in front and back. I have changed it, too. The plugin will add . to the test if it is missing.
- NEW: added a timeout setting. If the server with the rss feed is to slow it will not wait infinite for the response.
- NEW: added a 'fast check' setting. If it is set, the plugin will not connect to the server to check if the link is a torrent (it is faster, but links like ~http://torrents.unknown/server?torrentid=2346278467823 will not be recognized as a torrent)
- 2.0: Smaller, faster and better!
- 1.1: CVS version.
- 1.0: 188.8.131.52 version.
(please add your comments, tips, tricks, suggestions, reviews, and etc. here)
- Suggestion: Optionally add found torrents to front of queue. If I have other torrents running, the time-sensitive ones (the only reason i'm scraping the rss) get stuck at the back of the line.