- SpeedScheduler is a plugin for managing upload and download speeds on a schedule. Many ISPs (mine included) regulate how much their users can download/upload, but those regulations are typically on a schedule. In my case, there is no limit to the amount I can download between the hours of 12 midnight and 7am on weekdays, so I wanted Vuze to work with that schedule, setting slow speeds during the day, and fast speeds during the night. ~ SpeedScheduler does that for you by enabling you to set maximum download and upload speeds by schedule.
- Note: SpeedScheduler saves the schedule as an XML file, and you have to make sure that the program has enough rights to write that to the directory in question. Otherwise it may seem to you that the plugin forgets the settings.
- The directory permissions are especially important in Windows Vista and Windows 7, where the operating system protects C:\Program Files pretty tightly. So, read here the section about directory permissions.
- You should also read the plugin's own FAQ and see the comments regarding directory permissions: http://thesmithfam.org/blog/azureus-speed-scheduler-faq/#comment-51708
- David Smith (DavidSmith at byu dot net)
Latest Stable version 1.6.0 http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/SpeedScheduler_1.6.0.jar Ps. You can download & install this plugin through Vuze's plugin download/install wizard.
- 1.6.0: Add support for auto-speed and bring back support for Azureus 2.5. Thanks to Joe Bryant!
- 1.5.2: Fix failure to close file bug.
- 1.5.1: Remove use of deprecated APIs.
- 1.5: Fix Vista file access bug.
- 1.4: Category scheduling support - thanks to Luke Hovington.
- 1.3.2: Timezone bug fixes - thanks to jgeorge.
- 1.3.1: Fix for XML parser bug that sometimes occurs with Java 1.6 Update 1.
- 1.3: Bug fixes.
- 1.2: New graphical config, link to FAQ, fixed SAX bug.
- 1.1: Separate pause for seeding and downloading torrents.
- 1.0.1: Bug fix for Mac OS X users.
- 1.0: Various improvements.
- 0.9.1: Updated to work with JRE 1.5(5.0)
- 0.9: Improvements and fixes!
- 0.8: XML schedule storage, enable/disable schedules, new icons + bug fixes.
- 0.7: Bug fix for 0.6.
- 0.6: Can now turn it on/off; shows currently active schedule; few bug fixes.
- 0.5: remembers which torrents its has starts and which ones you have.
- 0.4: Manage upload speeds, download speeds, or pause transfers altogether on a schedule.
- 0.3: initial CVS version.
(please add your comments, tips, tricks, suggestions, reviews, and etc. here)
- It seems as of 0.9.1 the plugin tries to read the "sax.parser.class" property for a valid XML SAX parser, and proceed with one of the built-in parsers otherwise.
This is a major improvement because IIRC Java 1.5.0 does not ship with the crimson parser anymore. If using Xerces from the jars, the package spec is "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser".
SAXPARSERCLASSES currently contains com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.SAXParser, org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl -- RasqualTwilight
- Does not work on Windows 7
- Other user comments
Back to Plugin List