Talk:How to write a good bug report
What do you think?
What do you think of this page? Is there anything else that would improve it? I'd like to put an example of a good bug report here too, as was mentioned or the original Helping out the Azureus team page. --culix 23:03, 22 September 2006 (GMT)
- Here are some hints the article maybe should cover:
- Where does one have to publish the report? (create a sourceforge account)
- "What specific action you took that caused the crash." -> I would rewrite it in a way s.t. it's clear one has to describe the way to reproduce the bug, otherwise someone would write "I clicked the OK Button and it crashed" :)
- Provide screenshot if it's helpful (GUI stuff)
- Does the bug report already exist?
- Is it fixed in the newest version (test it on the nightly)/preventing duplicates
- (Re)use some parts of this Mozilla tutorial http://www.mozilla.org/quality/bug-writing-guidelines.html
- --SoN 00:28, 23 September 2006 (GMT)
- The title is too long... just compare Bad ISPs and Internet service providers that do not like file sharing ... now, which is the better title? I suggest moving it to something like Bug reporting... because we could put a "how to" do something "good" in most titles...
in addition to that the article should be merged with How to report a bug. And level of that article is just above the "i can breathe"-IQ. It should be more compact and less... well... patronising.
Btw, there are some nice and compact instructions  --The8472 09:24, 23 September 2006 (GMT)