If you would like to install MediaWiki on your server, our comprehensive Installation guide will help you get up and running in no time.
If you are already running MediaWiki, see the Upgrade guide
- Download MediaWiki (current stable version is Template:MW stable release number)
- Web server such as Apache or IIS
- Local or command line access is needed for running maintenance scripts
- PHP version 5.2.3 or later. PHP 5.3.1 is incompatible with MediaWiki due to a bug.
Due to a security issue with PHP it is strongly advised to use PHP 5.2.17+ or PHP 5.3.5+ (see here for more details).
- Database Server
(*) - Even though it may not be officially supported yet, MariaDB, is an alternative, a GPL fork of the MySQL code by Monty Widenius, the founder of MySQL, and can also be used by Mediawiki. Debian/Ubuntu repos.
Alternative to manual installation
Some users may prefer to skip manual installation by using a pre-integrated MediaWiki software appliance.
- FAQ: FAQ#Installation and configuration
- mediawiki-l (Mailing List) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for support.
- MediaWiki Users (Forum) is a user-to-user MediaWiki support forum
<math>Insert formula here</math>