i18nAZ is an Azureus plugin for modifying Azureus' language files (called ~MessagesBundle). Although the plugin is for internationalizing Azureus, the plugin itself is not currently internationalized. This means that the plugin controls are in English.
TuxPaper (tuxpaper at users.sourceforge.net)
Please read also the article "Translate Vuze".
- Get the CVS version of Azureus from http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index_CVS.php . This will provide you with recent MessagesBundles.
- Start Azureus
- Select View -> Plugins -> Internationalize Azureus. The default language (english) will load. You will initially have 2 columns: Key, and the default language.
- Click the "Add Language" button. Choose the Language you wish to edit.
- If you want to start a new language, click the "New Language" button instead.
- If you have already made your own, you can change to that directory and the list will update.
- A Column will be added with the language you choose.
- You can then use the following keys to edit:
- <Arrows> Move you within the table
- + expand a tree
- - collapse a tree
- <Enter> edit selected entry.
- <Enter> (while editing) Save
- <Esc> (while editing) Cancel
- When you are done, press "Save..". You will be asked for a destination folder. Select one, and your language file will be written.
- Send your language file to the Azureus people
Note for new languages
If your new language is country specific, you exit close the plugin window and rename the file to the following format: MessageBundles_xx_ZZ.properties, where
- xx = and 2 letter language code. This will already be set for you (see http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso639.txt)
- ZZ = 2 letter country code (see http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_3166.html)
Back to Plugin List